That the BMLC adopts the vision and mission statements suggested by the interim steering
committee on a national laboratory accreditation system. The BMLC would support the
- facilitating the creation of a body to champion this process;
- creating awareness of quality management;
- facilitation of the unification of all role players;
- the implementation of a single accreditation system, and provision of
- supportive and realistic guidelines for its use.
That the BMLC sub-committee on modified binders, convened by DR Rossman, be asked to
develop a revised specification with suitable performance-based procedures. This should
adequately ensure quality control measures during manufacture, handling and application.
That the BMLC recommend to Sabita that:
a) the current database on bitumen properties be expanded to include:
- available historical data
- expansion of data collection to plant and field levels for specific projects
b) conclusions drawn from the information available be presented at CAPSA 99
That the BMLC recommend that the Society for Asphalt Technology develop links with
established activities aimed at school level in order to educate and inform on the
opportunities available in the black-top roads industry.
That, as it affects SMA, the BMLC support: